I Worry...It's What I Do...

>> Saturday, June 28, 2008

My family thinks I worry too much. And by "family" I really mean my dad, my brother, and my hubby. I admit it...I'm a worrier. But no more than most mothers. Or at least...I don't think I worry more than most mothers. What if I do worry more than most mothers??? Should I be worried about that??!! Anyway, I get that from my mom...thanks, Mom. But she has taken it to new levels. She says things and I swear she is just sitting around trying to find new things to worry about. It's like that Kevin Bacon game for her now...everything leads back to a reason to worry. Like...my brother's house has some pretty steep basement steps but they always keep the door closed. They have a lock on it but it doesn't keep you from opening it from the inside. So my mom is always worried that their soon-to-be three year old is going to open the door and plumet down the stairs. Okay...that's not such a stretch. Here's where it gets a little overboard. She's worried that one of the kids is going to sleep walk and open the door in the middle of the night thinking that they are opening the bathroom door. Neither of the kids has every had any kind of sleepwalking episodes...yet. (They're 6 and 3.) And...Mom & I were taking a little walk through our paths (through the woods but not a deep woods...just close to the house). We had Sydney and Whitney with us and they are both six and getting very independent. They decided that they wanted to walk ahead of us. I said no, of course, because I don't want them out of my sight. My mom, however, says..."No, girls. You need to stay with us. A deer could come running out of the woods and hit right into you and you don't want that." A deer could run into you. She said that. I thought that was hilarious! I mean, I guess technically it could happen but of all the things to worry about when you're in the woods...if you can worry about a deer, how are you able to get past the idea of things like snakes or bears or coyotes. Oh my...my dear, sweet mother. Okay...I think I've rambled enough about that. hehe!!

How about a little sneak peek of one of my design team hybrid layouts??



I had some really gorgeous American Crafts papers to work with and, of course, the Moods cd from Digital Scrapbook Memories. (Did I mention that I'm loving that one??) Oh...and our word for today in the Photo-a-Day challenge at Flickr was "white." I had big plans of snapping a really cool, out-of-the-ordinary shot and...I just didn't have it in me today. So, I snapped a picture of this...

Not so fabulous but...I kind of liked it. And I think I found the picture that I'm going to use for my blog header. Our word for yesterday was "comfort" so I had a few ideas but I settle on...my blue jeans! What's more comfortable than your favorite pair of jeans, right?? And I actually really liked this shot & I think I'm going to use it to make a header...

Whew! That was a long-winded post!! Okay...so that's all for now! I'm heading over to Flickr to see if our word for tomorrow has been posted yet. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!! Thanks for stopping by!!



3 comments:

Anonymous June 30, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Phoebe that is too funny! I'm a worry wart too - but never even thought about the possibility of a deer run-down! ;) The peek of your AC stuff looks so great! I can't wait to see!

Amanda July 2, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

ok, i just loooove that shot of the blue jeans! Gees, I've been out of the "photo a day loop" for a while now.. I should head over and check things out!

leah July 4, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

I had to LOL over your mom's worrying! A deer.. hehe. I so love your new DT projects! They're fabulous! :D Makes we want to run out and grab those papers... :)

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP