The Next Big Thing in Scrapbooking...

>> Tuesday, July 1, 2008



my six year old daughter!! hehe!! She sat down today with her box of scrapping goodies and she made three layouts all by herself! I usually help her out here and there at least a little but not this time. And she is so proud of herself and her work. She asked me if I wanted to take a picture of them and put them on the internet and I said, "Of course!!" So here's her favorite page from today...the pictures are of her and her BFF/cousin, Whitney when they were little.



Awww...ain't it cute??? I was very proud of her!! Yay, Sydney!! {{clapping!!}} I'm sure I'll post some more but I wanted to stretch it out over a couple days for her. Thanks for letting me be the proud mama...hehe!!


Oh my...I have been working with some really gorgeous paper from American Crafts for the AC Bailey design team! They are from the Amplified collection...so rich and gorgeous!! And cool names, too, like "British Invasion," "The Twist," and "Rock Opera." But...I can't reveal any of those just yet...next week. But I do have a layout that I did just for the fun of it, not as part of my DT requirements that I can share. It's super simple but I liked the way it turned out. I did a little sketch, (yep...can you believe it?? I sketched!!), inspired by a magazine ad that I saw and then used it for this layout. I actually intended on using the white space for my journaling but I ended up liking it just the way it was for some reason. Anyway, here it is:

I've been having a little trouble figuring out the best adhesive for pipe cleaners. I used glue dots but those crazy little things just don't want to stay on very well. grr. Little frustrating. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!! Well, that's all for today...thanks so much for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

April July 2, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

WOW did you say your DD was only 6 years old?? She did amazing! WTG Sydney!!!!! I can't wait to see the others!

I love your page as well, the pipe cleaners are neat and the colors are nice and bold! Great job!

Amanda July 2, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

How cute is Syndey's lo??!!! She did awesome!! I'd love to see more!
And I just love how you've used the pipecleaner in your lo... tooo cool!!

leah July 2, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

Both of those layouts are fab!! WTG, girls! :)

Michelle July 3, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

Aww...that's so great that your daughter is scrapping!! Too cute! =) Annnd...congrads to you, girl! You randomly won the Monster RAK over on my blog! Woot! =) Details have been blogged...

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP