Anybody "In the Mood??"

>> Monday, July 7, 2008


hehe...I know...cheesy title and cheap way to get attention, right?? Let me explain...I got a new digital CD for my AC Bailey design team requirements and I am loving it!! It’s the “In the Mood” cd from Digital Scrapbook Memories and it is loaded with goodness! It has fun little categories like “Festive,” “Playful,” and “Love.” I grabbed things from a bunch of different folders for this one!! I used a cool, graph-like paper from the “Love” category and added some fun little elements from the “Playful” and “Festive” folders to accent it. I used some circle stickers (found in “Festive” sticker folder) down the side of the photo and grouped them together to make them one single element and then added a little drop shadow. I used a piece of orange paper and the cookie cutter tool to make the journaling spot and then added the fun stamp from the Playful category. The light brown paper that I used for the journaling is from the “Love” category and I added lines from the “Festive” folder to finish it off. The font that I used was just a freebie from CK called “Ali.” And finally, the little date stamp is from the “Playful” folder. Quick and fun little summer layout!!



Since my “Summertime” layout had things from a lot of different folders, I thought I’d try making one with just the elements from one folder…sort of like using a kit to make a layout. All of the papers and elements on this layout are from the “Love” folder on the “In the Mood” cd except for the “love” word art sticker that I made using the CK Ali font. The picture originally had Sydney making a wish and blowing on a dandelion but I used the clone tool and got rid of that and added the fun swirlies. I liked the whimsical feel that it added to the picture. The hardest part about doing this layout was trying to keep myself from overloading it all of the really fun little hearts that are on the cd!!



I also had some gorgeous goodies from American Crafts to work with for my hybrid layouts. Let me just say...I LOVE this set of American Crafts papers SO much!! They are from the Amplified collection (Halstead 1) and they are gorgeous! For this hybrid layout, I used “The Twist” for the background and a piece of “British Invasion” for an accent…had to rough up the edges a bit. The branch detail and little paper flower are digital elements from the “Playground” cd that I printed and handcut and then topped it with Stardust Stickles. And the fabulous ribbon is Halstead 3 and it is gorgeous! And the layered foam element is one of five AC Details Halstead. And, of course, some foam and chipboard Thickers for the title!!

And finally...More of the fabulous American Crafts Amplified (Halstead1) papers!! I didn’t even realize that some of these papers had really cool finishes on them until I opened them. The background paper for this layout actually looks like the colors are vinyl…such a cool effect. And one of the papers has foiling…love that, too!! This is another hybrid layout…the notebook paper at the top was printed from the “Playground” cd. (The notebook paper at the bottom was just some random spare piece in my scraps pile.) The chipboard stars are from AC, too but the colors that I had didn’t match the papers so I just used the reverse side and added some doodling.AC papers used: Motown, The Stones, and British Invasion. Ribbon-Indie Halstead 3; AC Thickers, Stickles Stardust



So there you have it...my DT layouts for July. Lots of fun and gorgeous goodies for me to play with and I had a blast!! Thanks for stopping by!! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and I hope I've inspired you just a little, tempted you perhaps, and maybe even put you..."In the Mood." (I know...that was lame. hehe...sorry. Just couldn't resist!!)











3 comments:

Michelle July 7, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

Oh, cute! The last layout is my fave...=) Lovely!

leah July 7, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

It all looks fabulous, Phoebe!! :D

April (Thorup) Oaks July 21, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

You have some REALLY cute layouts! I'm so glad I came to peek!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP