Ick...sick girlie

>> Wednesday, July 16, 2008

warning....whining post to follow.


Ugh...I have been battling some sort of stomach virus since Friday and it kicked my butt yesterday. I feel much better today {fingers crossed} so I'm hoping that I'm finally on the mend. My poor SIL has had it longer and much worse than I have so I'm thankful that I didn't get it like that. Poor girlie...but she was on the mend yesterday so I think it's finally decided to go play somewhere else. *whew!* But, in the midst of my dying yesterday, I did manage to download an awesome digital freebie from Corina Nielsen!! And she's having a CT call and all you had to do was create a layout with her mini-kit. So....I did and I actually decided to give the CT call a try!! I know...it's a super long shot but I just had to give it a try. And I have to say, her new kit, "Live Outloud," looks amazing!! Such scrumptious colors...so vibrant and fun!! Oh...I guess I could share the layout that I did, huh?? Okie-dokie...here it is:

The gorgeous flowers were from a patterned paper...I just got rid of the paper (most of it...I left a little of the pink on the edges just because I thought it looked neat) and just used the flowers as sort of an overlay. I did do some adjusting to a couple of the flowers so they weren't too huge on Emily's face. Oh...and I made a word art sticker for the title...it's my new favorite thing to do!! hehe!! And I did a little adjusting to the picture to give it a little more oomph. I just made a copy of the picture in a new layer, turned that layer b&w and gave it a really high contrast, and then made that layer an overlay. I know the result isn't for everyone...some people may not like the high contrast but I liked it. {cheese!} So there it is...my entry for Corina's CT call. I'm sure she will be absolutely swamped with entries and just overloaded with amazing creations. Wish me luck...I'm sure going to need it!! Her call ends on July 21st so I guess I should know more after that and I'll be sure to give you any news after that. Thanks so much for stopping by!! Almost forgot!! Corina's new kit will be out next week...you should check it out at Funky Playground Designs.

Thanks for stopping!! Have a great day!!

6 comments:

April July 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

That's such a beautiful layout! Good luck, she's be lucky to have you part of her team!!

Hope you are feeling better too!

Margaret July 16, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

Oh girl I hate to hear you are feeling back. I hope it goes away fast for you.

leah July 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Glad you're finally starting to feel better! Yuck! Love your layout! Good luck with the CT call! :)

Anonymous July 17, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

Oh so sorry you are feeling bad Phoebe! I love your layout - good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Amanda July 17, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Ah shoot.. being sick is no fun! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Awesome lo Phoebe, so creative! And gorgeous photo! Sending good luck vibes your way!!!

beckyjune July 18, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Beautiful page, Phoebe! I'm glad you're feeling better, too. It's no fun being sick. Good luck with the CT call. Your work is awesome, and, like April said, she'd be lucky to have you!!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP