Much Better Now...

>> Sunday, July 20, 2008

First...I just want to say "THANK YOU" to everyone for the well wishes that you sent me while I was feeling icky. I am so happy to say that it has finally passed and I am feeling SO much better now!! Sooo....have you been checking out all of the awesome peeks from CHA Chicago??! I absolutely fell in love with everything from Sassafras Lass! Seriously...I love every single piece of it! And of course, the new Pink Paislee stuff is looking amazing, too! And did anyone see the fabulous "Going Green" line from "Tinkering Ink??" Oh my...it's a wonderful concept...recycled papers, but it's also gorgeous! That's on my list, too. And how about those super cute notepads from Hambly? I have to share a little story about those.

Aren't they adorable?? Well, everyone at AC Bailey has been so excited about all of the peeks and we were constantly adding links to any and all of the peeks that we could find. I just happened to make a little post on our message board about those adorable little notepads and I might have made a little plea for one of the books to my bestest buddies from the design team that were heading to Chicago. I might have mentioned that I would love it if someone could grab one for me. (I hope I'm not incriminating myself...perhaps I should plead the 5th now!!) Anyway, our fabulous Miss Gail Connor made a little post to update us on the situation in Chicago. Apparently the Hambly stuff was under lock and key and heavily guarded. {hehe} There were signs posted and things were tacked down....but anyway, I'll let the pictures tell the story...

The fabulous notepad adhered to the wall....argh..no chance of swiping it! {hehe!}

What?? Had they heard about the plan to lift one?? :-)

Gail came through for me!! I thought their little story was so cute and hilarious that when I read it at about 1:30 in the morning, I just had to put together a super quick little digi layout to share with them...here it is:

It was just a quickie but I do want to put together a good layout about the "Sieze the Notebook" caper. It was hilarious and I love the design team girls and owner, Erica, for making me laugh so hard at 1 o'clock in the morning! Those crazy ladies must have had a blast at CHA!! I'm so jealous but so glad to hear that everyone had a great time.
{{{JUST TO CLARIFY...GAIL DIDN'T REALLY STEAL ANYTHING. It was all just in fun and no notepads were harmed or stolen in the process. {hehe!} I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about my AC Bailey girlies. It was just a joke.}}}

Okay...I mentioned in my last post that I had tried out for the Corina Nielsen CT call and posted a layout that I had made for the call. What I didn't mention was the fact that later taht day, I made two more layouts with her fabulous freebie kit. And I just wanted to share those...

Oh and I gave Jessica Sprague's Shazam technique a try on my picture for "my girl." I really liked the way it turned out and it was super easy!! Love playing with pictures in Photoshop!!

*whew!* That was a long-winded post!! But I just had so much to share!! {hehe!!} Oh shoot...one more thing to share...I posted my challenge for the mini-crop that's happening this weekend at AC Bailey. It's a simple little challenge to "Switch it Up" and use "boy" things for a girl page or girlie things for a boy page. Very simple. Here's the layout that I did for my challenge:

I seem to be loving black with pops of color these days!! Okay...I really am finished rambling now. Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks again for all of the well-wishes and for leaving messages on my new cbox that I added! And I finally decided to add a counter, too! Ooo...look at me moving up in the blogging world and getting all fancy with my free counter! {HA!} I hope everyone has a fabulous day!! Bu-bye!!








7 comments:

April July 20, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

LOL Gail is too funny!

I love those pages you made, I am a huge fan of black background, it makes everything on the page really pop!

I hope to have a couple hours to play with some layouts for the challenges tonight, I really want to do yours, I have so many girlie stuff that would be fun to play with on my boy pages!!!!

Ronald July 20, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

Another free counter is ExpertCounter
I like it, and it's easy to add to blogger

Margaret July 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

So glad to hear you are feeling better. I love those notepads too!!!

Amanda July 21, 2008 at 2:47 AM  

That "Gail/Hambly" story is one that I won't forget! She's such a good sport, isn't she??!!
Wow, your two layouts that you didn't use are wonderful.. can't wait to see what one you actually submitted! You are super talented.... they'd be lucky to have you on their team! :)

beckyjune July 21, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

LOVE that layout of Gail and the notepad. TOo funny.

Great job on those layouts,too. Your work is amazing. When are you supposed to find out about that team? I am anxious and nervous and excited for you!

leah July 22, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

Glad you're feeling better! Love the layouts. :)

Lu July 23, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

your pages are awesome!!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP