Today's "smooth" challenge & other pics...

>> Wednesday, June 18, 2008

That's just one of the pictures that I snapped today...not for the challenge...just because I wanted to...isn't that the best kind?? Our word for today was "smooth." I have to admit...when I saw the word that Leah posted for our inpiration for today, my first thought was the song by Rob Thomas. Ha! But since I didn't have RT close by to snap a picture of, my second thought was a nice, new jar of peanut butter...you know how nice and smooth it is before you dive in. Love that. But...I didn't have Rob Thomas or a new jar of peanut butter, (wouldn't that have been cool if I had RT holding a new jar of peanut butter....now that would be smooth! hehe), I had to think of something else. I kept leaning toward chrome or the really cool lines of a car or motorcycle but I ended up grabbing some of those decorative glass rocks that people use for vases. My son has had a collection of those since he was little...he used them for his loaders and dump trucks. He'd spend hours loading up dump trucks full of those things, hauling them off, and dumping them in just the right spot. Ahhh...memories. Anyway, I grabbed a handful of those pretty little rocks and snapped a few shots. I wasn't too thrilled with them at first so I grabbed a glass that was my grandmother's...some sort of thick, collectible glass...I'm clueless but it was smooth. But I ended up liking the shots of the little glass rocks once I saw them on the computer. Here's the one I chose to upload for today...







The colors turned out much better than I expected. This is straight from the camera...no adjusting other than sizing down for the web. And here's one of the shots of my grandmother's glass...





I liked the green shadow that the sun was casting through the glass...kind of neat. And I grabbed some shots of my daughter and my niece while we were picking some wild strawberries...yummy...and I was pretty happy with some of those, too.




And finally....my very favorite photo of the day...I just love this one....




Sorry for all of the pictures but I have just been having so much fun rediscovering the manual functions on my camera!! I hope everyone is having a great day and I hope you take the time to snap at least one picture today! Thanks for stopping by!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous June 18, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

Beautiful photos Phoebe! I adore the last one - so lovely. :)

leah June 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

HaHaHaHa! I'm totally laughing at the picture of RT holding a new jar of pb!! :D It's fun to hear you thought process through everything. Loved the shots! :)

Amanda June 22, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

If you ever go to see Rob Thomas, you'll have to bring a new jar of PB in your purse... just incase! hee hee! You're too funny!

Great photos! love LOVE that last one! Beautiful!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP