Yay! I'm Back!!

>> Friday, November 7, 2008

Our ISP is hughes.net because we have zero options when it comes to high speed internet in my neck of the woods. Well...Saturday morning, my sister-in-law came down to visit and do a little online shopping. I was browsing through the AC Bailey store showing her some of the fabulous new goodies that I was going to buy and all of a sudden, no more internet. It just stopped. We have problems with it sometimes and I just figured I'd give it a break and everything would be dandy. I was wrong. DH came home that evening and called Hughes and they really didn't know what was happening but they thought that our equipment was bad so they said they would send us a new one. It arrived yesterday, DH hooked it up last night, and woohoo!! We're connected again!! Yay!! Soooo....I was able to post my DT projects today so I thought I'd share a few. Here's a digital layout that I made using the Digital Scrapbook Memories CD, "In the Mood" from the AC Bailey store.


That's me and hubby back in the day when we first started dating. {hehe!!} I seem to be on a white space kick these days, especially with my digital stuff. But not so much with this layout....this is a hybrid page that I did. I printed the postcard, orange paper, circle journaling spot, and bracket-shaped journaling spot from the Digital Scrapbook Memories "Family Ties" cd. And I used some fabulous Basic Grey "Offbeat" papers, Fancy Pants glitter overlay, Primas...lots of goodies from Erica's October KOTM.
It's pretty busy...not a lot of white-space happening on that one. Okay...let's see what else I have. Oh yeh! I made a super simple little mini album from a sheet of Creative Imaginations cardstock journaling stickers. There were eight stickers on the sheet so I stuck two back-to-back to make a page which gave me four little pages. It's all about Syd and her Halloween costume for this year. So easy. Here's the cover:

And here are a few shots of the inside pages:





I should mention...those journaling stickers are super sticky!! Make sure you have them nice and lined up 'cause once they touch...they are stuck. There's no pulling them apart! At least not without injuring one or both of them. So anyway, that was just a fun and simple little idea and my daughter just loves it! Okay...what else?? Hmmm....ooo...I did a fun little hybrid layout for Dianne Rigdon's creative team using her super gorgeous "Well Worn" kit from ScrapArtist.



I printed my digital page and added some real sequins (and Stickles glitter) to the frame for some added realism. And I just made some wings out of plain white cardstock, colored them brown (just in case the glitter had some bare spots), and covered them in copper Stickles. And then I just added some letter stickers and used my Dymo label maker to make the "isn't she" letters. Again...lovin' the white space. :-)

And finally, Jodie McNally has some really cool new photography word art over at Oscraps so I whipped up a layout using the "Trust me! I'm a photographer" word art. {hehe!!}
Whew!! Too much??? Hey...I warned you...I've been without the internet for a week so you knew it was going to be a chatty one, right?? :-) So there you have it...those are some of the things that I've been working on. And now that I'm connected again, I'll be heading over to Jodie's shop and Dianne's store so that I can grab some new goodies and start playing again!! YAY!!! It's good to be back!!
Thanks for stopping by!! Have a good evening!!






3 comments:

Amanda November 9, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

today was a good day to stop by your blog!! eeeek! Great projects Phoebes! That photo of you and your hubs is soooo nice.. love it! And what a cute mini album of Syd!!! Then you finish the post off with that awesome self portrait lo.. gorgeous work! Glad you're back up and running again.. I've missed you!! :)

leah November 11, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

I love them all - but especially the one where Syd looks liek she's about to pop out of the frame! :)And the very last, trust me, I'm a photographer. {HeeHee!}
Glad your internet's back!

Lisa Carroll November 16, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

beautiful projects Phoebe. I especially love the first one, and of course that mini is to die for!!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP