cold. It's just cold.

>> Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ever have one of those days where you just seem to be chilled through for no reason?? It's cold outside but it's not one of those bitter cold days but for some reason, I have been cold all day. I had my fireplace on briefly while the kids were getting ready for school but that's the only time I've actually felt nice and toasty today. Oh well...just wanted to whine a little. {hehe!}

So...I've been doing a little playing with some new, fun digital goodies. I downloaded a really lovely kit from Dianne Rigdon called "In the Gloaming" the other night. I honestly had just planned on downloading it, unzipping it, and heading for bed. But...once I got a good luck at everything...oh dear. I just had to play before I shut my computer down!! So I put together this layout of my niece, Maddie.

(I should mention that the wing brushes were downloaded from Obsidian Dawn.) And, as part of my design team responsibilities at AC Bailey, I used a sketch that fellow DT member, Brandy, whipped up for us to make this card (I made the card digitally using Digital Scrapbook Memories "Family Ties" CD and then printed it out):


And earlier this year, I took part in a photo-a-day challenge and I've been thinking about creating a photobook using some of the pictures that I snapped during that month. Jodie McNally has some really fun photography word art in her store and I thought they would be perfect for the book. So I made this layout and I'm thinking it's probably going to be the cover of the book:






And finally, I bought a wonderful new collaboration kit by Corina Nielsen and Krystal Hartley (what a pairing, right?!) and I just had to make a layout just for me:


I snapped that picture of our yard this summer and I just came across it and decided to put together a LO about it...is that weird?? I'm looking forward to some pretty snowfalls this winter but I always miss my summertime and the green lushness that goes with it.

So that's what I've been up to lately. And...I have some news to share as soon as I get the okay to do so...stay tuned!! (I'm so excited!!) I hope everyone's having a great evening!! Thanks for stopping by!! Ta for now!!

6 comments:

Anonymous November 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Oh Phoebe Jo! That fairy layout is so beautiful... I'd be playing with that too! :) I can't wait to hear your news... what is it?! ;)
Jess

April (Thorup) Oaks November 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

I love that birthday card!

beckyjune November 14, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

Beautiful work, Phoebe. I love all of it. You are quite the talented lady. I can't wait to hear about your news. So, when can you share it with us?

leah November 15, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Great stuff, Phoebe! I love that layout you did with Dianne's stuff! And of course it's not weird to scrap the summer grass! :D

HeHe - you must spill your news soon - I wanna post congrats!!

Lisa Carroll November 16, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

I know just what you mean about the cold. The past two weeks I have been freezing in the house. And it doesn't matter how many layers I put on. Guess our bodies haven't adjusted to winter yet. LOL..
beautiful projects too!

Amanda November 17, 2008 at 1:46 AM  

ok, I came here to see some details on your "news".. I don't see any,, but big congrats girl! So excited for you!!! Wonderful lo's too!.. and your photography always rocks! .. miss ya! ;)

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP