Did someone say...snow??

>> Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's been a while since my last post and yep...we got some snow. Not as much as they were calling for...only about five inches or so. But it has pretty much been snowing every day for a week. And today...we're under a winter weather advisory. It's pouring down but they're only calling for about seven inches. I don't know...if it keeps this up, I'm thinking we might get that and then some. I haven't taken any pictures today because it's snowing so hard that it just looks like fog with a few flakes mixed in so I can't get anything to turn out decent. But I did snap a couple shots from our last snow before it got dark.
That's what it looked like when it started but then we got most of our snow through the night. It sure was pretty.
Okay...enough snowy talk. Those of you that know me know that I'm not much of a card maker...they scare me. But I started playing around with some digital goodies from Dianne Rigdon and I made a couple cards...a digi one, then I printed the digi one and added a few things, and then I made another hybrid one. So I thought I'd share!
This is how my digital card ended up...
And then I printed it out and added some Stardust Stickles to the snow and decorations and, of course, I had to add a little star, right?? It's hard to see the sparkle but it's there...I promise!
And then I printed some digital papers from Dianne and cut out some funky little triangles and added some stickles (surprise) and some Dimension pearls for the snow. The journaling spot is from Pink Paislee. Not sure about this one but I still wanted to share it:



I have one more thing to share...I think it's my latest favorite digital layout. I used a bunch of different kits to make this layout even though it looks pretty simple. My daughter just loves this page so that makes it even more special, right?? So here it is:


I just love being able to make something with such a magical and dreamy feel to it. And I had such a good time putting this one together...except for all those little eyelets that I used to make the chains. I wanted to make the LO 100% Dianne Rigdon so I extracted a few eyelets from a journaling mat and put them together and duplicated it to make the chain. That was not so fun. {hehe} So that's what's been going on in my little world...snow and scrapping. Thanks for stopping by!! :)

6 comments:

Amanda November 25, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Those Xmas cards are UBER Adorable!! Love the design.. and the little white picket fence.. too cute! And WOW.. all of those links are eyelets.. omgoodness girl.. that's amazing!

Dianne Rigdon November 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

I love the fresh way you look at each project. I am enjoying your creative mind. (Nevermind you are working with MY stuff hehehehe). HUGS!

leah November 26, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Love, love, love the snow photos!!! :D

The Christmas card is adorable!! and of course, you know I love that layout! I think it's perfect!!

Anonymous November 29, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

Beautiful post all around Phoebe Jo!! :) I love that layout so much, and your cards are adorable. (And yikes on the snow! I feel like I'm looking into my future of what will be soon!) Have a great weekend!
Jess

beckyjune November 29, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Love your cards, Phoebe, and those layouts are awesome, too. It always makes me smile to see your stuff :) Enjoy the snow for me while I enjoy the sun here in Texas. lol. I hope we get some snow this year. Have a wonderful weekend!

Elisabeth December 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

Oh my goodness that twinkle LO is just amazing!!! Your cards came out adorablem I can just imagine them all shimmery with stickles :)

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP