This makes me sick...

>> Wednesday, October 14, 2009




Ralph Lauren decided that being 5'10" and 120 pounds (and a size 2-4) was too big. They altered her photo to make her look like this! Can you believe it?? And then they fired her for being too fat!! A size 2-4!! Too fat!! Seriously?? This has to stop. Don't get me on my soapbox about the connection between the media and the epidemic of eating disorders!! SO many things to say! THIS is too fat??

They looked at this girl and decided that her waist and hips were too big and her boobs were too small and photoshopped her into that ridiculous, big-headed, anorexic creature! How sick is that?? The good news for her is she's all over the news now and women everywhere are outraged. She was a super model before but hopefully now...she'll be even more successful and Ralph Lauren will just go away. K...I think I've made my point. Vent and rage over...Ralph Lauren sucks. Okay...now it's over. :)

4 comments:

beckyjune October 15, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

are you serious? That is so "sick and wrong," to use a phrase I haven't used in a while. I'd love to look the way she does irl. Fired for being a size 2-4? That's insane. I'd love being a 6 or 8 right now but that's not in the cards for this mama who would rather sit and scrap than run on the treadmill :)

I've missed you, Phoebe, and hope you are doing great!!

Amanda October 15, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

ick! .. I heard about this on the radio.. but hadn't seen the photo! .. are you kidding me??? .. someone actually thought THAT looked good. Poor girl, that's gotta mess with a models ego. Can't believe that photo actually made it onto an ad, it looks ridiculous!

leah October 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

I saw this and thought the same... sick, sick society. :P

Hope you're doing well, girl! Miss you on FB!

Unknown October 18, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Ugh oh my God that is terrible. Yuck. When will the world learn that "real" women don't look like that?

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP