Some DT projects

>> Thursday, August 7, 2008

I had some fabulous Prima Harmony papers to work with this month and the super fun "In the Mood" cd from Digital Scrapbook Memories....fun stuff!! I had a ball putting this one together! I just sort of went with what I was feeling and tried not to overthink anything! That’s so unusual for me. The wings, heart with wings, and “love” words are all printed from the Digital Scrapbook Memories "In the Mood" cd. The wings are white on the cd and I colored them with a marker but you could color them on your computer before you print them if you want. And then I added some yummy copper Stickles glitter to top them off. I love the way they turned out!! And that bubble wrap is the piece that I used to stamp on my other hybrid layout! (A little recycling…hehe!) That’s my messy, sporadic, but fun little hybrid layout.



And those Prima Harmony papers are so yummy...I couldn't just stop at one hybrid...I had to do another!! For this one, I printed the circle word stamp (“just can’t get enough you”) from the cd and then adhered it to a piece of a box (a pop-tart box, actually…more recycling..hehe!) and cut that out for a little extra dimension. Then I put that on top of a cute little chipboard shape from Bo Bunny. So simple but it adds some nice dimension to the page. And the border strip was printed from the cd as well.


Okay...how about some digi projects??? How could you go wrong with a category called “silly???” All of the elements for this page are from the “silly” folder/category on the cd except for the doodley frame. It’s actually a border piece from the “festive” folder and I just duplicated it and resized it and made a frame out of it. I didn’t add any shadowing to it because I wanted it to look like it was drawn right on the paper. I reworked the title a little, too. It is one long sentence on the cd but I did a little editing and stacked it instead.

And finally...I have to admit…I don’t usually say this but…I love this layout! I did some editing to Syd’s picture…I wanted a really high contrast kind of look. This was simple to do…I made a duplicate layer of my picture, turned that layer black and white and made the contrast levels very high (bright white highlights and very dark shadows), and then I made that black and white layer an overlay. I know it’s not a look that’s for everyone but I liked it. But here’s my favorite part…the circles and bubble wrap-type paint were from a patterned paper on the cd called “celebrate.” I just cleared out the parts I didn’t like and did a little cloning to add more of the blue dots (they were in a very perfect pattern and I wanted them to be more sporadic) and ta-da! It looks like I had an overlay and did some stamping/painting. And I adjusted the opacity of the journaling and some of the elements to soften them a bit and blend them into the background. I don’t really know why but this turned out to be one of my favorite layouts so far.

So there they are...my projects for August. I have some yummy goodies to play with for next month...can't wait to be able to share those!!

*whew!* That was a long post!! Thanks for letting me ramble on and thanks for stopping by!!

Have a great day!!

6 comments:

leah August 7, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

Love how they all turned out!! :D

Great tip for the photo - I'll have to try it. Now that I've got more digi work to do.

I can totally understand why that layout's your fave!! :)

Kelly August 7, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

Oh I totally love the bright colors you use against the light backgrounds. I really adore that first paper layout. I want to be able to do that.

AfriDigiDiva August 7, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Those layouts are gorgeous!

The Mini Mum August 7, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

Wow they are absolutely gorgeous pages!!

jodie August 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

love your blog...awesome layouts! thanks for applying - i'll be in touch soon! :) adding your blog to my blogroll!

www.jodiemcnally.com

Anonymous August 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

I so love these Phoebe! You are so rocking the hybrid technique my friend! I left you a little something on my blog too! :)

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP