A Great Big Ball of Christmas Love! :)

>> Wednesday, December 24, 2008


Awww...isn't she precious??? That's our family Christmas present!! She's our newest family member...an eight-week old Newfoundland puppy. When I was growing up, we had a malamute/newfoundland mix named Rex and I have always wanted a full-blooded Newfie. They're such a beautiful breed and just a perfect match for a family....so sweet, loving, and loyal. Anyway, I have apparently hinted (okay..whined) about getting a Newfie long enough that DH finally said, "You're not going to be happy until you get one." What he really meant was..."you're not going to shut up until I buy one!" LOL!! So...we went to look at her on Sunday and I knew I would fall in love with her instantly but so did DH. And of course the kids wanted to take her home immediately. But we got everything ready and DH brought her home yesterday. Our house is in shambles...crates and newspapers everywhere but we just love her to death. Her name is Bailey and she is spoiled rotten already. She is currently asleep on hubby's shoes in the kitchen. Aww...a Christmas puppy...what could be cuter???
And I do have a couple hybrid projects to share. I've probably mentioned this before but I just love Dianne Rigdon's Christmas in Your Heart digital kit. So...I've been playing with it some more. We had a few of those giant Hershey bars in our cupboard so I decided to make a wrapper for it. Can you believe that this is the first time I've attempted a candy bar wrapper?? That seems to be one of the first projects that digi scrappers tackle but...I guess I'm just a little slow. :) Here's how it turned out:


It's already been opened and eaten, by the way! {hehe!!} And I did a hybrid layout. I kept it pretty simple. I love this background paper so I just added an extracted photo of my mom pulling Sydney and Maddie on the sled and a heart and some wings for the digital part. I printed it and then added a bunch of stickles for the snow and some stickles on the heart and wings. Then I just added my own little letter stickers topped with some red stickles. Here's how it turned out:


I thought it was pretty cool that Mom, Syd, and Maddie had snow clothes on that went so well with the paper!! :) So that's my little Christmas eve post. I want to wish each and every one of you a blessed and wonderful Christmas day!! I hope you are able to spend it with the ones you love!! Merry Christmas everyone!!

5 comments:

Lisa Carroll December 24, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

Bailey is so adorable! And I love the layout. You are awesome at extractions!!!

Anonymous December 25, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

Phoebe she is so cute! Congratulations on your new little addition. :) Merry Christmas to you and the family, I hope it is wonderful!
Jess

Amanda December 26, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

That pup is too dang adorable! Bet your family just can't get enough of her right now! Beautiful projects too! Happy Holidays Phoebes! :)

Elisabeth December 29, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Oh my goodness Bailey is just too adorable!!! What a wonderful present for the family :)

Connie Mercer December 30, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

what a very cute puppy! Do the kids just love him?

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP