A New Obsession...

>> Friday, April 17, 2009


I have to admit it...I've been bitten by the Through-the-Viewfinder bug! Have you given it a try?? Basically, you find an older camera with a super cool viewfinder...some of them have really cool markings or guides or numbers. Then you just put your digital camera's lens up to the viewfinder of your old camera and take your picture that way. Such a cool effect! I was lucky enough to find an old Minolta 35mm of my sister's that has a very cool viewfinder with numbers down the side. Here are just a couple of the shots that I took...they're straight out of the camera, other than a bit of cropping to get rid of excess black around the shot:

Now I need to start looking for some more old cameras to see what other kinds of viewfinders I can find. Give it a try...but I'll warn you...you'll be hooked, too!

Let's see...what else is happening...the fabulous Jodie McNally is in the Designer Spotlight over at Oscraps! She has some really fun challenges, freebies, and prizes...you should check it out!! Here are a couple layouts that I did for her retro challenges...one for the "i'm still obsessed" challenge and one for the "what's old is new again" challenge:


And she has some new word art in the store, too. Anyone like games?? She has a very fun "game night" pack:

And I've actually made a couple pages just for me...can you believe it?? :) I picked up Fei-Fei's Stuff's new "Make It Count" kit and made a couple pages.






I haven't done a big-picture-page in a while but I just loved that shot of my niece, Emily, with her little toesies and her colorful book so...I decided to make it huge! :)

Oooo...have you been following the "Capture the Flag" contest going on over at Funky Playground Designs?? It's a contest to find the next big digital designer and my friend Leah has been rockin' the competition!! Only two weeks left!! I'm so excited to see what she creates for this round!! (Shout out to Leah...holla! LOL!!) You are doing an amazing job, girl!!!

Okay...I think I've sufficiently bored you with my babbling and layouts. :) I'm off to bed...seems I've developed another sinus infection...yay. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

4 comments:

leah April 18, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

Oh, fun layouts, Phoebe!! Glad you've had time to scrap!!

You are too funny, girl - thanks for the shout out! lol

Those viewfinder photos..... are just stunning. And you know I don't use that word often. I love them.

Feel better girlie - I hope the weather warms soon to lift your family out of the yuckies! :(

beckyjune April 18, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Great pages, Phoebe. I never get tired of seeing them. I still miss ya over at AC Bailey but am glad that you are doing ok...what's with the sinus infections? I feel like I have had so many this winter and it makes me feel so lazy since I just want to lay around and not do anything.

Anonymous April 19, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Awesome layouts Phoebe! Oh I get so excited when you post, it's so full of eye-candy! :D What a cool photo effect too - so fun!

Hope you feel better soon... Spring is coming, any day now! ;)

Amanda April 21, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

WOWSA! Those pictures are awesome!! And they're SOOC???!! So whimsical.. or something.. kind of Narnia like.. whatever that is, haha (I haven't even seen Narnia.. but they seem "Narnia like") *snicker snicker*

I wish I could get my hands on an old camera to give it a whirl! .. for now I'll have to stick with photo overlays :P.

Lovely lo's too.. I left ya love at the "O". ;)

You've JUST motivated me to get my camera out and get snapping pictures.. I've been SO bad at that lately! :eye roll: thanks!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP