Extra Kids, Stupid Internet, & Tons of Concrete...

>> Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yep...that's what's been happening in my life...doing some babysitting, super-slow... sometimes non-existant internet service, and my sister's basement walls are up!! But I finally got a chance to post a little something. Let's see...do I have any pictures to share?? Maybe...
I've been playing along with Bad Girl's Kits Top Designer challenges. The first challenge was about layering so I grabbed some yummy Jenni Bowlin papers...here's my layout from that week:
And the second week was all about combining patterned papers, lots of Cosmo Cricket on this page...here's my layout for that week:
And I haven't started on this week's white-space challenge yet but I'm really excited about it. I hope I can pull it off!! Last year, I made it through 3 weeks and got cut after my fourth layout...which was a white-space layout. Looking back on that layout, I can totally see why. {hehe!!} What was I thinking?? Oh well...I learned a lot and it was so fun so that's why I decided to join again this year.
Oh my goodness...I almost forgot!!! We added our new DT members over at AC Bailey!! My friend, Leah, has joined our team!! Woohoo!! So now Leah and I are on two teams together!! But our Dianne Rigdon hybrid Creative Team spots don't require any message board responsibilities or any communication with other team members so it really doesn't feel like we're on the same team. But at AC Bailey...it's we definitely know we're on the same team. {hehe!!} Lots of behind-the-scenes stuff to chat about. And another friend that I actually met on the ACB message boards, April, has joined our team!! Yay!! She is a very talented digi, hybrid, and traditional scrapper and a sweetheart on top of that!! And a newcomber to the boards, Elisabeth, is our third new member. Even though I haven't known her for very long, I can tell she's a very nice and creative lady!! I'm really looking forward to getting to know her more! We're so lucky to have our three new talents joining the crew!!
But I have to admit...I'm still so bummed about my bud, Amanda, leaving our ACB team. I really did try to talk her into staying. Well...maybe not so much talking...more like whining and begging! But I do understand her reasons for leaving. I'm just going to miss having her on the team.
So a big congratulations and welcome to the new members!! And we still have a week left with Amanda on the team so it's not over yet!! And Amanda...I promise to do better with my blog posting!! {hehe!} And you know...if you happen to miss a day or {gulp} two on the ACB boards, I may have to hunt you down. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by!! Have a happy day!!

5 comments:

April September 24, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

First :( on Amanda stepping down, it still hasn't completely registered that she won't be part of the DT anymore, I think she will always be in my eyes.

Second, WOW on those LOs!! That one with the JB stuff OMG that's stunning work! Can't wait to see your white space LO!

And lastly, thanks for the warm welcome and wonderful words, I'm super pumped about joining you on the DT!!! We are going to have so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy I hope your internet starts acting better soon, I miss seeing you more on the board :(

Amanda September 24, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

YAY!!! A NEW BLOG POST!!!! :)
Totally awesome layouts for BG Phoebes! Putting you through was a no-brainer! Good luck this week! Believe it or not.. I'm struggling a bit. White space.. I can do.. simple.. lately I seem to overembellish.. and for a "contest".. I have a hard time leaving the darn lo "as is". Hopefully tonight I'll get it done. Can't wait to see yours!
And yes.. the new DT is GREAT! You girls are gonna have a ton of fun... well.. I'm gonna pretend that you won't be having ANY fun and that you'll be SWAMPED with work! {hee hee}. Ya.. I'll miss you girls!

Ginnifer September 24, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

AMAZING, and I mean AMAZING layouts!!!!! I'm definately scrapliftin ya!

leah September 25, 2008 at 12:16 AM  

Love your stuff's for the BG! :D

Thanks for the welsome! I'll totally miss Amanda, too!

beckyjune October 3, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

Beautiful pages, Phoebe!! Seriously. And, I will miss Amanda being on the team, too. Already I know she's probaby been busy with the other team and I've missed seeing her around ACB. You, too, my friend, are amazingly talented. I am so lucky to be on the team with you.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP